Commercial contracts, intellectual property, and employment are at the core of what we do:-
- Drafting and negotiating commercial contracts, IP licences and many kinds of supply, collaboration, stakeholder and joint venture agreement
- Advice on the protection and commercial exploitation of IP through audit and strategic review
- Software development, integration and licensing agreements
- Trading terms and conditions and e-commerce
- Clinical Trials including pharma consortiums with CROs and complex subcontracting arrangements
- Sport (including player contracts and image rights, ambassador and endorsement agreements.
- Advice on confidentiality agreements and on copyright and registration of trademarks.
- Reorganisation and restructures (which may include moving or closing workplaces);
- Exit strategies, protected (“off the record”) conversations and packages for employees (including settlement agreements)
- Redundancy (individual and/or collective redundancy processes).
- Issuing employment tribunal proceedings (ET1) and representation through to a full hearing;
Moore Law can advise clients in a variety of sectors on commercial and IP matters but we have also developed sector specific experience in software licensing and development, new media and technology, telecoms, life sciences, transport, retail and sport.
We aim to ensure that our clients get the best deals from a legal and commercial point of view without exposure to any unacceptable degree of risk.
LEGAL 500TMT – Media and Entertainment“The technology and media sectors are among Moore Law’s core industry strengths. The Sidemen, Cactus Studios and Aptivate are key clients of the specialist commercial and IP firm, which is led by the ‘accomplished’ Tristram Moore, who ‘has a huge amount of experience’. The firm handled IP, web compliance and corporate matters for The Culture Space to develop its online media and ticketing platforms. Other areas of expertise include social media content management, royalty agreements, and copyright protection and exploitation.”
LEGAL 500Technology Media and Telecoms – Sport“Highlights for Moore Law included advising Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club on a pouring and sponsorship rights agreement with major Sussex brewer Harveys; and acting for Fontwell Park Steeplechase on its hosting of the Mutiny Festival, a matter involving negotiation with festival organisers and festival landowners to protect the Fontwell facilities and track. It also advised Technogym UK on various new media, communication and privacy initiatives. Tristram Moore heads the boutique sports practice, and ‘continues to increase the firm’s relationships with sports clients through his sector knowledge and his ability to get the job done’. Other notable clients include The Sidemen, Trainerspotter and Joe Weller.”
Gerben Smit, CEO,Smit Mobile Equipment BV"Tris Moore has helped SMIT to negotiate its contracts with the major players in the UK Healthcare market for close to ten years now. He ensures that we manage our exposure to risk and is a great asset to the business."
Dr Colin Dourish, CEOP1vital Limited“Tris has acted for P1vital for many years now and I continue to be impressed by his work ethic, diligent attention to detail and commercial approach. He is a real asset to us, a valued and trusted advisor and an integral part of the P1vital team.”
LEGAL 500Corporate and CommercialMoore Law ‘provides an excellent service with outstanding response times’ according to clients. The Brighton-based practice concentrates on the intersection between commercial work, healthcare, IP and IT, with a particular focus on advising on clinical trials in healthcare studies. The team advises P1vital which is a [ ] Other clients include RocketRoute and Technogym. Key figures include Tristram Moore, who is ‘an outstanding commercial lawyer’; and Scott Appleton.”
LEGAL 500Technology Media and Telecoms – Intellectual Property“Tristram Moore is ‘an outstanding commercial lawyer’ at Moore Law, where sector expertise spans the digital, media, technology, life sciences and retail industries. RocketRoute instructs the practice in trade mark registrations, cross-border licensing and a range of other matters; P1Vital and P1vital Products receive advice on IP protection and exploitation; and John Cullen Lighting turned to the team for registering a European trade mark, protecting IP in contracts with subcontractors, and handling trade mark infringement and passing off matters. Atomic Smash, Cloud21 and Technogym are also clients.”