Jane SmithHead of Employment
Specialising in all areas of Employment Law, Jane joined Moore Law as a Consultant Solicitor having previously worked at other regional law firms based around the Gatwick area.
She has assisted clients from a wide variety of different business sectors including aviation and travel, transport, charities, construction and Local Authorities.
Jane prides herself on getting to know the intricacies of her clients’ businesses in order to provide practical commercial solutions which clients see as adding real value.
Jane advises employers and Senior Executives on a broad range of contentious and non-contentious Employment Law issues and HR strategy.
- HR Strategy
- Bespoke in-house training
- TUPE issues
- Reorganisation of businesses, Redundancy procedures
- Employment Tribunal advice, advocacy and support
- Sickness management procedures, Disciplinary and Dismissal procedures
- Discrimination issues
- Exiting Senior Executives – negotiating severance packages
- Settlement Agreements
- Advising on post-termination restrictions
- Contracts of Employment, Handbooks and Policies
- GDPR guidance
- A-Typical working relationships(Agency/Gig/Zero Hours)
- Business Immigration advice
- Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives (F.Inst.L.Ex) 2004
- Legal Practice Course (with Commendation) – College of Law (LPC) Postgraduate 2006
- Qualified as a Solicitor and Member of the Law Society 2006
- Member of the Employment Lawyers Association.
- Lives in a small village near Pulborough with her young family. Enjoys spin classes, belly-laughing at comedy shows and bopping around at music gigs.
- Special talents include hair braids and standing in middle fields in the pouring rain watching small people play sports.
LEGAL 500TMT – Media and Entertainment“The technology and media sectors are among Moore Law’s core industry strengths. The Sidemen, Cactus Studios and Aptivate are key clients of the specialist commercial and IP firm, which is led by the ‘accomplished’ Tristram Moore, who ‘has a huge amount of experience’. The firm handled IP, web compliance and corporate matters for The Culture Space to develop its online media and ticketing platforms. Other areas of expertise include social media content management, royalty agreements, and copyright protection and exploitation.”
LEGAL 500Technology Media and Telecoms – Sport“Highlights for Moore Law included advising Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club on a pouring and sponsorship rights agreement with major Sussex brewer Harveys; and acting for Fontwell Park Steeplechase on its hosting of the Mutiny Festival, a matter involving negotiation with festival organisers and festival landowners to protect the Fontwell facilities and track. It also advised Technogym UK on various new media, communication and privacy initiatives. Tristram Moore heads the boutique sports practice, and ‘continues to increase the firm’s relationships with sports clients through his sector knowledge and his ability to get the job done’. Other notable clients include The Sidemen, Trainerspotter and Joe Weller.”
LEGAL 500Corporate and CommercialMoore Law ‘provides an excellent service with outstanding response times’ according to clients. The Brighton-based practice concentrates on the intersection between commercial work, healthcare, IP and IT, with a particular focus on advising on clinical trials in healthcare studies. The team advises P1vital which is a [ ] Other clients include RocketRoute and Technogym. Key figures include Tristram Moore, who is ‘an outstanding commercial lawyer’; and Scott Appleton.”
LEGAL 500Technology Media and Telecoms – Intellectual Property“Tristram Moore is ‘an outstanding commercial lawyer’ at Moore Law, where sector expertise spans the digital, media, technology, life sciences and retail industries. RocketRoute instructs the practice in trade mark registrations, cross-border licensing and a range of other matters; P1Vital and P1vital Products receive advice on IP protection and exploitation; and John Cullen Lighting turned to the team for registering a European trade mark, protecting IP in contracts with subcontractors, and handling trade mark infringement and passing off matters. Atomic Smash, Cloud21 and Technogym are also clients.”